ALL participants who plan to attend workshops, meetings, or advisory group sessions sponsored by the State Support Team Region 8 (including Parent Advisory Council), MUST register using the Ohio Department of Education's registration system called STARS.
Using STARS to register
Any individual planning to register for any State Support Team Region 8 event on STARS must first set up an individual SAFE account. A SAFE account can be set up at any time, but must be established before any registration on STARS can be completed.
Setting up a SAFE account
- Go to the Ohio Department of Education website at https://safe.ode.state.oh.us/portal/
- Select the grey button “SAFE Account Sign In” on the left menu.
- Click “Sign Up” on the left menu.
- Read the Agreement Terms and click on the “I Agree” button on the bottom.
- Choose Option 1 or Option 2 and fill in the appropriate information along with your date of birth and last four digits of your social security number. When completed, click on “Continue”.
- If information entered correctly, on the next screen your name should appear. Use the “This is my” pull down boxes to complete this screen and click on “Continue.”
- Use the Prefix, Suffix, and Gender drop down boxes and click on “Continue”.
- Use the County drop down box, and enter your phone number. When completed, click on “Continue”.
- Enter your email address and click on “Continue.”
- After you click continue, you will be shown a box that has the option of changing the email you just provided. You will be emailed instructions to complete the sign-up process.
- Go to your email and write down your Email confirmation Key number. Click on the link to the website provided to complete your registration.
- You will be required to again put in the last for digits of your social security number. The confirmation key number should automatically be filled in. If not, enter it and click “Continue”.
- Enter your preferred Account Name and Password and click “Continue”.
- Your account has been created. Click on the link provided to sign in.
- Click on “STARSV2.0” and then on “ODE.CORE Educator Profile” to set up your profile. Please select the group that best describes you:
After selecting the group that best describes you, follow the on-screen instructions in completing your profile. It is imperative that you complete the ODE.CORE Educator Profile using your building as the identifying organization. Without completing this, we will be unable to contact you with workshop changes or cancellations. After completing the profile, you are ready to register for events.
- Public School Teacher (K-12)
- School/District Administrator
- Other District Employee
- Early Learning Employee (Birth - 5 years old)
- Other Edu. Employee (University, ESC, SST, Non-Public School Teachers, etc.)
- Parent/Community Leader
- ODE Employee
Registering for events on STARS
After your SAFE Account has been set up, click on "STARS V2.0" to search for events. You can search by name of workshop, date of workshop, or by zip code (44221).
Tips for Finding SST8 Events in STARS
- Enter "SST8" in Event Name. All SST8 event titles begin with this.
- Search by the exact date of the event in the Starts Between field.
- If the event is a multi-date series (e.g., Nov 28, Nov 29, and Feb 5), you must enter the first AND last date of the event. This would show as Starting Between 11/28/17 and 2/5/2018.