State Support Team Region 8 launched the Leading Reform in Least Restrictive Environment Practices in 2016 to support districts in a systemic and sustainable approach to service delivery changes. The cohort training series pulls from current research and evidence based practices to enhance service delivery and maximize the progress of students with disabilities.
Through the cohort, district teams engage in activities to accomplish the following goals:
• Analyze school and district level data to determine the current status of student services and student opportunities for learning
• Align the school and district mission statements with shared values and a clear vision focused on equity
• Facilitate conversations to raise equity awareness among educators, students, community members, and families
• Investigate research of highly effective practices in integrated schools
• Create a new service delivery map, rethinking structures and use of staff to create teams of professionals that meet the needs of all students
For more information about how your district can participate in the LRE reform series, please contact Sarah Jackson (email@example.com)