PBIS is a framework or approach for assisting school personnel in adopting and organizing evidence-based behavioral interventions into an integrated continuum that enhances academic and social behavior outcomes for all students. PBIS IS NOT a packaged curriculum, scripted intervention, or manualized strategy. PBIS IS a prevention-oriented way for school personnel to (a) organize evidence-based practices, (b) improve their implementation of those practices, and (c) maximize academic and social behavior outcomes for students. PBIS supports the success of ALL students (PBIS.org). This training will teach building teams to create and implement the Universal Tier (Tier 1) of a PBIS framework. Building teams will learn the rationale for implementing this framework. In addition, teams will develop school-wide expectations which will be used in their buildings. Teams will also develop a system of reinforcement, as well as data systems which will inform decision making and help monitor behaviors at the building level. This workshop is a 4 part series, in which teams are required to attend all 4 sessions.
• Identify the rationale for implementing PBIS
• Understand aspects of the PBIS framework
• Develop overarching expectations
• Develop a reinforcement system and systematic plan for error correction
• Understand a data management system to monitor behaviors
• Identify resources for PBIS at the state and national level
4-day series: October 8, November 6, 2019, January 16, and March 10, 2020